Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hook Fish and Chicken @ 10600 W 7 Mile Rd, Detroit. No tables.

Following my pattern, I returned to the west side, zip 48221. This time my destination was Hook Fish and Chicken (across from Home Depot), not to be confused with Captain Hook Fish and Chicken one block away. As I entered, I noticed plenty of seating to wait for your order. However, there were no tables to sit at. The employees were behind bulletproof glass, but the back area was well lit and the windows were not tinted, so it was easy to see the man with a Jamaican accent man behind the counter.

The fish menu was vast and there were almost too many options to pick from. However, I felt like eating chicken, but I only saw wings and gizzards on the menu. I'm not sure if they have drumsticks or chicken breast, but I sure felt like eating some. So instead of chicken, I ordered the salmon sandwich. Even though there were two Kool-Aid options, the only cups I saw were styrofoam.

My order only took about 10 minutes to arrive, and waiting wasn't too bad. The ambience was kind of nice. As soon as my food was ready, I drove it back to work to eat. Now my car and my office smell like fried fish. Not really a problem, though.

I took a bite of the salmon, and it was delicous. I devoured the rest of it, save for the tails. Much better than the tilapia I had from Bosco. As usual, the part that makes it a sandwich is that two slices of bread are included. Some lettuce or tomato would be an improvement.

I give this restaurant a 5 out of 10 overall. This is because of Hook's lack of tables, the bulletproof glass, the distance away from my work, and the styrofoam to-go packaging. However, the food tasted great, and the Kool-Aid was a nice touch even though I didn't drink any. Next time, I'll be headed to the east side.



No comments:

Post a Comment