Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Belle Isle to 8 Mile: An Insider's Guide to Detroit


Thanks to Krista and Justin, one of my favorite gifts that my wife got for her birthday is the new book Belle Isle to 8 Mile: An Insider's Guide to Detroit. It's an in depth, up-to-date manual for places to go in Detroit, organized by parts of the city. In addition to chapters like "Downtown" and "Midtown," my interest was piqued specifically by chapters 8 and 9, "Upper East Side" and "Near West Side," respectively. The former contains two of the zip codes which I've been trying restaurants in, while the latter contains the other two zip codes I've been focusing on.

The book is a great resource because it not only features bars and restaurants, but it also has shopping, services, cultural attractions, entertainment, recreation, sites to see, and points of interest.

You can check it out at belleisleto8mile.com


No comments:

Post a Comment