Monday, September 24, 2012

North Detroit Restaurant Blog

My last blog entry of any type was 1 year and 13 days ago. Since then I've gotten married, which is awesome! In addition, I've started exercising and eating healthier, which includes finding healthy restaurants to eat at. I know plenty of good restaurants in Ferndale, Royal Oak, Birmingham, and even downtown Detroit, but I don't know many in north Detroit, which is near where I work. As I visited Denver a few weeks ago and ate at Snooze, it made me realize how rarely I eat in the Detroit city. And Detroit could really use more revenue (and more good, reasonably priced restaurants).

So an idea was spawned. I get an hour for lunch eat day. What Detroit restaurants could I drive to, eat at, and drive back from all within an hour? This limited my restaurant blog to the following zip codes: 48221, 48234, and 48203 (excluding Highland Park). This is roughly the area bounded by McNichols (6 Mile Rd), 8 Mile Rd, Meyers Rd, and Van Dyke Ave.

A list of 38 restaurants was formed, so let's get this party started! Bon Appétit!
detroit restaurants
Image from Google Maps - copyright 2012 Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment